Today I want to introduce a tutorial called How To Fix The .NET framework Is Not Supported On This Operating System for Windows 7/8/10 in 2022.
If you are using Windows, so sometimes, you need to install any .NET Framework versions on your computer.
For example, when you run the program that is built with .NET Framework 3.5, or some other programs and games may need it to work.
So, if you are seeing the problem “.net framework is not supported on this operating system” or “net framework not installing windows 7” or its problem in other windows. Then you are in the right article, I will solve the “the .net framework 4.7, 3.5, 4.5, 4.8 or,4.6.2 is not supported on this operating system” or other versions of it, problems.
Actually, Windows is compatible to install .NET Framework in any version, but we need some do settings.
So if Cannot install .NET Framework 4.6 on Windows 7 or other, you will Fix the problem 100% after reading this article and applying steps.
But first, Let discuss what is exactly the .NET Framework is?
What is the .NET Framework?
.NET Framework is the software framework of Microsoft that was developed to create and run the application. You can install the .NET framework on many operating systems. You can download it from the Microsoft website and used it freely.
The .NET Framework provides two different programming models: a managed code model and an unmanaged code model.
In the past, Windows applications written in Microsoft Visual C++ were compiled native machine code that ran directly on the hardware usually with the help of an Interpreter (MSIL). Now it is possible to write Windows apps in any programming language that can be compiled into Common Intermediate Language(CIL), which is interpreted by the framework at runtime.
What’s new in .NET Framework 4.7.2?
It runs side-by-side with your existing version of the .NET Framework, and you don’t have to change anything in your app or development environment to use it.
So, let’s start to fix the “.NET framework is Not Supported on this operating system” issue.
If you do have such problems as mentioned above, this article will be very helpful for your reference. You can follow the steps below to solve this issue:
Method to Fix the problem of “the .net framework is not supported on this operating system”.
- So, the first thing we need to do is to close the .NET framework issue.
- Now, open the Run box by pressing Windows+R from the keyboard and types “Regedit” in the search box and hit enter or click on Ok.
- After that, A registry Editor box will appear. Click to “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE” and click to “SYSTEM”, “ControlSet001”. after these, clicks to “Control”
- come down by scroll. finally, click on WIndows.
- After clicking to Windows, in the right side box, double click on CSDversion and it will open.
- After that, the Edit DWORD box will open. It simply converts the value data to 100, which means type 100 in the Value data box. At base, leave the hexadecimal. finally, click to Ok, or hit enter on the keyboard.
- So, right-click on the computer from the desktop and go to Computer Properties. Under Windows Edition, the words Service Pack 1 will appear.
- This means what you have done has been implemented. Now, we need to restart the computer, so restart it.
- However, after restarting the computer, now install the .NET Framework. You can install any version of it now. Framework download link-
So, these are the steps to fix the “the .net framework is not supported on this operating system” problem. If you have any other questions, tell us in the comment box and we will try to solve your problems or issues as soon as possible.
Most of the applications automatically install .ner framework because the Framework is already packed with their installation files.
You can also check this video on the same issue. You can watch it.
Method: How To Fix The .NET Framework 4.7.2 version Is Not Supported
The .NET Framework is a must-have for all Windows computers. However, it can be a bit finicky, so sometimes you might get the “The .NET Framework is not supported” or framework error message.
We wanted to help you get past this error message so that you can have the .NET Framework back in action on your computer. You can also use the Framework Repair Tool for Windows from Microsoft. And also check the driver updates and window updates of your pc.
So, I hope you have fixed your problem successfully and if not tell us in the comment box. or use our contact form to contact us directly with your details and we will reply to you as soon as possible with a permanent solution if possible.
Check our other articles