Today, we will show you how to boost the PS4 wifi signal or improve your PS4 wifi connection.
Read this article and try the given ways before buying any wifi booster for your PS4.
If you’ve got a PS4 whose lagging problem makes you a little crazy, you’ve come to the right place. Today, we’ll show you five things you can do to improve your PS4 wifi connection.
The PS4 is a great console, but sometimes you want to play games without y buffering, and the PS4 data speed does not allow you to do so.
That’s why This article will walk you through the answer to how to improve the ps4 wifi connection range
5 Methods to Increase PS4 Wifi Strength and Download Speed
1. Use a wired connection for stable connectivity
The obvious and best solution would be to use an ethernet cable.
This method might work if your router is close enough to the PS4, but your internet is slow and laggy.
You’ll receive the most incredible connection, upload, and download speeds for your PS4 if you use a wired connection. Since the PS4 will not be linked through wifi, you’ll have a stronger internet connection because the gadget is directly attached to the router.
2. Improve your PS4 internet with DNS
Many people also boost their PS4 wifi by changing their DNS settings to use Google’s DNS server. So, if you also want to try this method, follow the instructions given below:
- First, log into PS4 and go to the “Settings” tab
- Now, after going into the settings, go to the “Network” option
- Choose “Set Up an Internet Connection.”
- Choose the Wi-Fi option, But if you have a wired connection, choose the LAN
- You need to select “CUSTOM” and choose the internet service that you used
- Go ahead and choose automatic for IP And leave DHCP to default
Now, DNS is where we need to make these changes. Now, Put the following DNS
- Primary DNS – 220.127.116.11
- Secondary DNS – 18.104.22.168
And restart your PS4. If your PS4 speed does not boost, Try the Google servers as follows:
- Primary DNS – 22.214.171.124
- Secondary DNS – 126.96.36.199
Hopefully, after utilizing this procedure, your PS4 download speeds will improve.
3. Change your wifi Frequency Band
If you’re still struggling, I have another method for you that might work. So, to change your wifi frequency band, follow the below steps.
- Again, go to the “Settings” tab
- Go to the “Network” option and choose “Set Up Internet Connection..”
- Choose the “Wifi option”, but this time you can click “EASY.”
- Click the Options button and select 5 GHz band.
Note: Sometimes, depending on your wifi, 2.4 gigahertz or 5 gigahertz will work better.
The 5 gigahertz is normally faster, but it doesn’t have a wide limit on the area it can cover, so you also use a 2.4 connection, but try disconnecting other devices to boost the PS4 wifi signal and speed.
4. Check your wifi speed
If you can view the strength of your wifi signal at every place, you can tell where you have strong and weak signals. So you can change the position of your router according to the good signal. So, you should run a connection speed test on your wifi network.
If you are getting the same speed on all of your devices, you can check this article to Increase Your Internet Speed of wifi Router-
5. Some other Methods
There are also some other methods to Boost PS4 wifi signal, Such as –
- Use a dual-band wifi extender/booster for your router.
What is a PS4 wifi Signal Booster?
The PS4 wifi signal booster is crucial in providing a strong wireless signal in your home. In fact, it is an important accessory you need when you have a large area to cover. So, when buying a PS4 wifi booster, you’ll want to ensure you know what you’re looking for.
A good signal booster will give you a strong wireless connection in every room of your home and even outside if you have a large yard.
- Pay more for a quicker internet connection, such as fibre broadband.
- Putting Your PS4 in Rest Mode.
- Contact your internet service provider. But Before you phone your ISP, double-check Your internet speed. You can also contact Sony.
We hope that our article about how to boost the PS4 wifi signal was helpful to you.
Most of us may have wanted to boost the PS4 wifi signal at one point. The article discusses a simple yet extraordinary method that can be used to solve slow internet issues on the PS4 gaming console.
It is extremely easy and will take less than 7 minutes to get going if everything goes as planned. So, why wait until you can boost your PS4’s wifi now?
Here is one more simple trick: using the mobile device as a bridge will get significantly faster download speeds. Also, unlink all other electronic devices to improve your online gaming experience.
Thanks for reading our article.
Q.1 What are some ways to boost PS4 wifi signal?
Ans. There are many ways to boost the PS4 wifi signal, but the best ways are:
using an ethernet cable, changing the DNS server, Using rest mode in PS4, etc.
Q.1 How do I fix lag in my PS4?
Ans. To fix your lag issues in PS4, You simply need a fast internet connection.
If the connection is poor, use a wifi signal booster or relocate the console closer to the router, or you can use a fast DNS.
Hello everyone, I am currently an engineering student who loves to write about the latest technology, gadgets, and reviews.